- For the third consecutive time it was World No 1 Novak Djokovic facing off against No 2 Rafael Nadal
- in the final of a Grand Slam tournament More than 686000 fans flocked to Melbourne Park over the c
- urse of the first major tournament of 2012 and the final was an epic contest worthy of the billing
- jokovic entered the match with a mental edge over Nadal thanks to six wins over Nadal in 2011 but a
- tired body after a 4 hour 50 minute semifinal match against World No 4 Andy Murray Nadal tried his
The greats of the tennis world and a total attendance of more than 686,000 fans came to Melbourne Park for the first major tournament of 2012 at the Australian Open.
World No.1 Novak Djokovic faced No. 2 Rafael Nadal in the Men s final, in their third consecutive Grand Slam finals match.
2011 was a stellar year for Djokovic, as he won three out of the four major championships, and defeated Nadal in six matches throughout the year.
On this warm Sunday night at Rod Laver Arena, that dominance continued, but it wouldn t be easy, as the two best players in the world played a five-set marathon into Monday morning in the longest Grand Slam final in history and Djokovic would win his third Australian Open title, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7, 7-5.
List Price: $ 24.99
Price: $ 92.83
This title covers a vast array of subjects on Aboriginal culture - from fine arts to ceremonies, and from legends to the culture's global influence.
Price: $ 9.19
- Used Book in Good Condition
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Perth & West Coast Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Swim alongside 'gentle giant' whale sharks in the Coral Coast, drift from winery to winery along country roads in the Margaret River wine region, or enjoy chic cuisine in flashy Perth and craft brews in lively Fremantle; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Perth & West Coast Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Perth & West Coast Australia Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, politics, landscapes, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Perth & West Coast Australia map (included in print version), plus over 30 maps
- Covers Perth & Fremantle & Around, Monkey Mia & the Central West, Coral Coast & the Pilbara, Margaret River & the Southwest Coast, South Coast, Broome & the Kimberley, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Perth & West Coast Australia, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australia guide for a comprehensive look at all the country/region has to offer, or Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brett Atkinson, and Steve Waters.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
List Price: $ 21.99
Price: $ 13.12